Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deal.


This morning I woke up and my phone was dead. I then realized that I left my phone charger in Mesa. This is about the 100th time I have done this. So, I drove down to the Sprint store to purchase a new one. I walked in, and asked how much it would cost. The man told me they were 40 dollars. At Best Buy I know they are 25 dollars (from past experience). So I was about to say okay no thanks, when he interrupted me by saying, "I can sell it to you for 30 dollars." I thought that was fare so I agreed. He then went on to say, "Do you want two?" I thought, this must be a trick. So I said, "For another 30 dollars?" He said, "No, I'll just give you two. And how about another phone?" Me: "What am I going to do with another phone?" Man: "I don't know, give it to someone for Christmas." Me: "Okay, sounds good." Man: "Your total is $32.42, and what are you doing this afternoon?" Me: ummm... working. Man: "oh, where?" Me: "a shelter." Man: "wow, I would love to volunteer at a shelter." Me: "Okay, we always need volunteers! Here is our card."

And the transaction ended. What a deal. I gained two chargers, and a new phone for the price of one expensive charger. And I got a recruit for volunteering! Yay for being blonde.

No comments: