Friday, December 10, 2010

diy: Christmas tree


A couple of weeks ago there was a big storm at my parents home in Mesa. It blew a ton of branches off of a huge tree they have in the backyard. Charlie Brown and my mom inspired me to make use of these branches and turn them into an apartment sized Christmas tree!


I simply stripped the branches of their leaves and then spray painted them. I only used two branches for my tree since they were both pretty large. I originally planned to do them both entirely white but then I ran out of white spray paint. So, I decided to do the last half of one of the branches in gold. After only about two hours of work, I now have a cute, little, free Christmas tree for my apartment!






I am also in the process of hanging the little snowflakes on my bookshelves for added charm.

Aside from the little bit of Christmas decorating I have been attempting, I have been working 70 hour weeks which has not been great for my health. (let alone that I work with a bunch of sick little kiddos) so this week I came down with the stomach flu. but lucky for me i have some of the best friends in the world! my friend Doni, brought me over some early get well/Christmas presents. isn't she the best?!

inside these packages were, homemade chicken noodle soup, pedialyte and some other remedies to get me feeling better.
and for my Christmas gift...she got me a Hogwarts beanie and scarf!! as well as an adorable coin purse from etsy! (did I mention that tomorrow Doni and I hop on a plane to Florida to visit the WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER?!!?!?)not your typical vacation for two 22year old girls, BUT it is perfect for nerds like us. I realized that when we are together we either like to do things that would only attract the age group of 55 and older, or 5 and younger. along with HP world, we will also be visiting Universal Studios, Disney World, and Epcot! I have never been to Florida so I am so excited to see all these places. plenty of pictures and stories to come when we return!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love the christmas tree!! so cute. ps how do you get your pictures layered like that?