Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's a Pink Blush Day

What girl doesn't want an excuse to put on some lip gloss, pink blush, and 50's home maker inspired baking accessories? Well, this is one of my favorite things to do while making goodies. Today was my perfect excuse to play dress up. I baked the entire day in preparation for Valentine's Day with Levi! I am leaving tomorrow night to see him so I had to get everything done today. Now I will be in the library the rest of the night preparing for my exam and writing a paper (what I should have been doing all day). Here are some pictures from today's activities.


some key ingredients, and my new oven mit.


the cookie cutters i bought!


getting started. Apron was a gift from Courtnee, Skirt was a gift from Amy.



these did not turn out how i was hoping.



mmmm

welcome to the mess I made.

The three kinds I made are: white/milk chocolate chip, milk/dark chocolate chip, and M&M/milk chocolate chip. Sadly, the hearts only turned out for about three of them because they were too close together and got all smooshed. I also couldn't remember the recipe while I was making the first batch.. so I had to wing it. But, I remembered for the next ones at least!

Then I made these for the first time...




These hearts turned out WAAAYYYY better. Successful first time Rice Krispie Treat making.

1 comment:

christy said...

you are so cute. and look so good! so fem. but i love how the majority of the pictures are of cookies. <3