Monday, July 13, 2009

Stars and Stripes

Fourth of July
Always a favorite holiday of mine.
This year I drove out to San Diego with my aunt and uncle to visit family. My cousin Alex is living out there for the summer so seeing her was a real treat. It was wonderful to catch up, spend some quality time with the family I am not able to see very often, and of course spend some time with the ocean. My aunt and uncle rented an amazing beach house that sat on the cliffs of Ocean Beach and we had the most spectacular view. We had a beautiful porch to sit out on in the morning and drink our coffee and read a book, and then to rap up the day with a beer and a sunset. That's what I call a vacation. My grandparents also rented a beach house just down the road within walking distance and my aunt and uncles house is planted right in the middle of the two. The locations made for perfect and easily accessed quality time with everyone. Just as they are every year, the fire works were shot from the peer and we all watched from our balcony and barbecued some hamburgers and hot dogs.
View from our balcony/porch.
Alex and I.
4th at the beach
met up with Stephany
Lit up the ocean.

With Mumuu and Fadi

No comments: