Friday, June 5, 2009

New "Old Favorite"

(I hesitate posting this because I can not figure out how to line the pictures up properly, however I like them too much not to share. sorry for the scrambled mess)

While I am trying to charge through my two summer school courses I am starving for some inspiration. Luckily the internet is full of inspiring procrastination. I have a new re-kindled love for an old time photographer.

John Rawlings. I want to live inside of his beautiful photos. I want to dress to the nines to go anywhere and everywhere, but I want it to be effortless. I want to travel on my own and with the people I love. I want every one of his photos framed and on my walls. They are just beautiful and dreamy. John Rawlings was a photographer for Vogue in the 1930's-1960's. If you ever want to make me extremely happy you can buy me the book, John Rawlings:30 years in Vogue (I just can't afford it)
Here is a taste of his 30,000 photo archive that I would like to live in. (Click the images to see them larger, there are wonderful details.)

If I lived in a John Rawlings photo...

smoking would not be bad for my health, so I would smoke:



I would dress up to go to the beach:



I would be 1/2 of this happy little couple:



my frequent road trips would be epic:



(road trips would obviously include me standing in my car as frequently as possible, with the doors wide open):



and dressing appropriately for my food would definitely be involved:

1 comment:

christy said...

awesome. these are so cool! so pretty, just like YOU.


if you want someone new- i met this guy in london and bought a print of something right off the street. he really captures how dismal city life can be. i don't know much about photog, but i like the pictures a lot.

http://photopoetry1.blogspot.com/